You can make this mousse ahead in 7 minutes and refrigerate for up to 7 days—if it lasts that long! No whipping cream or separation of eggs needed. I’ve made it for 150 and filled small wine glasses full up with a pastry bag or in little espresso cups! It becomes aphrodisiac when you feed each other.
- 250g unsalted organic butter, softened
- 1Tbsp honey (opt)
- 1 tsp salsa of choice or minced chilies
- 250g Fremantle Chocolate, dark chocolate buttons
- 6 eggs free-range and organic if possible
- Nice additions: Espresso, Kailua, Hazelnut Liqueur
- Garnishes: Nuts, strawberry fan, kiwi slice, Chantilly cream, mint, raspberry or strawberry sauce
The Wilder Method
- Whip it good (with electric mixer) on that butter and honey.
- Meanwhile give the chocolate some radar love, 20 seconds at a time. Continue to beat, mixing in chocolate.
- Whip those eggs in, whole, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each egg. The mousse should become lighter and fluffier as each egg is added.